Absolute compact & lightweight system and top level high quality image in interchangeable lens cameras
Absolute compact & lightweight system which minimises the stress for photographers, equips worlds’ best image stabilisation compensates up to 7.5 shutter speed steps and new imaging processor TruePic IX, E-M1 Mark III captures top class high quality images in interchangeable lens cameras. With the 50MP Handheld High Res Shot and Live ND, the minimum system allows shootings in high quality image with better flexibility.
*1. For interchangeable lens cameras sold as of February 12, 2020
*2. The actual image size is 8160 x 6120 pixel.
Constant F2.8 aperture zoom lens with dustproof splashproof capabilities
This is a large-diameter, F2.8 zoom lens with dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof construction. It possesses optical performance that exceeds that of Four Thirds High Grade series lenses. The lens is equipped with enhanced features such as the manual focus clutch mechanism and the ability to approach subjects up to only 20 cm away from the sensor at all focal distances, for macro shooting.
|Product Name||M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO
/24-80mm (35mm equivalent)
|Box Contents||LH-66 Lens Hood , LSC-0918 Lens Case , LC-62D Lens Cap , LR-2 Rear Lens Cap , Instruction Manual, and Warranty Card|
Thanks to Micro Four-thirds mirrorless format, The E-M1 Mark III achieves absolute compact & lightweight for the whole system including lenses, while achieving the high quality image and high performances.
Benefits of compact & lightweight system
The compact & lightweight system allows photographers to concentrate on shooting, thanks to the less stress - not only when carrying but also when approaching to a subject or holding the camera while waiting for the right moments. As the entire luggage size becomes compact, you can carry your valuable equipment in aircrafts as a carry-on luggage.
World’s best 7.5 steps compensation image stabilisation
The E-M1 Mark III is built around the image stabilisation performance which has been highly regarded with OM-D E-M1X by professional photographers. It offers the world’s best compensation performance - in-body only IS delivers approximately up to 7.0 shutter speed steps of compensation, and 5 axis sync IS with compatible lenses offers approximately up to 7.5 steps of compensation.
- 1. On interchangeable lens cameras sold as of February 12, 2020
- 2. The lens used: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm F4.0 PRO at a focal distance of f=40mm (35mm equivalent: f=80mm), Conforms to CIPA standards. When corrected on 2 axes (yaw and pitch)
- 3. The lens used: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 PRO at a focal distance of f=100mm (35mm equivalent: f=200mm), halfway release image stabilisation OFF, frame rate: High. Conforms to CIPA standards. When corrected on 2 axes (yaw and pitch)
Stunning “No blur for 4 seconds”
Olympus’ unique compensation technology enables hand-held shooting in dark environments or with telephoto lenses . The stunning compensation performance even makes “hand-held shooting for 4 seconds” possible, it gives greater freedom on shooting as no need to use a tripod.
- 1. According to Olympus testing conditions. There are individual differences, and this is not guaranteed in all cases.
M.Zuiko PRO Lens
M.Zuiko PRO Lens – Olympus’ top range lens series that are built around the latest optical technologies. Thanks to the high image quality & high speed processing of the TruePic IX, the E-M1 Mark III extracts high optical performance of PRO series lenses.
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25× IS PRO:Scheduled to be released in 2020.
New image processing engine TruePic IX
The E-M1 Mark III equips the new image processing engine TruePic IX which achieves higher performance. The combination of 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and the high image quality & high speed processing of TruePic IX extracts high optical performance of M.Zuiko lenses and offers top class image quality in DSLR. Furthermore, thanks to TruePic IX, the E-M1 Mark III attains the advanced features such as “50MP Handheld High Res Shot” and “Live ND”, in the compact & lightweight body. And it also offers unique new functions such as “Starry Sky AF”.
50MP Handheld High Res Shot
High Resolution Shot in handheld shooting is now available with the E-M1 Mark III. It composes approx. 50MP high resolution image from pixel information of 320MP captured by 16 shots, even in mountainous areas which require to move often or at the places that tripod is not possible to use.
Multiple image composition offers not only high resolution image but also noise reduction effect up to 2.0 steps of ISO sensitivity, it works well on landscape photography which requires detailed image resolution or night scene photography with high sensitivity.
- Image for illustration purposes
- 1. The actual image size is 8160 x 6120 pixel.
- 2. According to Olympus testing conditions. There are individual differences in the effect depending on the shooting condition, and this is not guaranteed in all cases.
- Resolution will be lower under inconsistent light sources due to flicker effects.
- If the subject moves during shooting, the resolution of the moving section will be lower than the rest of the image.
- The aperture can be set from the widest setting to F8 and the ISO sensitivity can be set up to 6400.
- The flash is not available.
- Processing takes longer than with High Res Shot using tripod.
Two types of High Res Shot mode
The E-M1 Mark III also equips Tripod High Res Shot which composes approx. 80MP high resolution images. It offers selection of High Res shot mode depending on the subjects, shooting angle, with or without flash, or carrying equipment.
|Function||Image size||Flash Shooting||Recommended shooting scenes|
High Res shot
|8160 x 6120
Image size option
5760 x 4320
|Not compatible||・For nimble shooting at flexible angle
・Others than the recommended scenes for Tripod High Res Shot below
High Res Shot
|10368 x 7776
Image size option
8160 x 6120
5760 x 4320
|Compatible[*]||・When using flashes
・For expressions with flow of water or cloud etc.
・When long exposure is required (e.g. starry sky)
*For flash photography, set the sync speed to 1/50 sec or longer.
This feature virtually extends the exposure time and allows the capture of images using the effect of slow shutter speed by merging multiple exposures together. Five levels of the Live ND effect can be selected from ND2 (1 step) to ND32 (5 steps) and the effect of the slow shutter speed can be seen real-time in the viewfinder or LCD screen before capturing. This feature not only removes the trouble of changing filters according to the shooting scene or lens, but is also useful for lenses that are difficult to attach filters to.
Since Live ND captures all lights without reducing, it also gives a benefit that the image has less noise comparing with an image taken with ND filter.
- 1. When LV simulation is on.
- The expected effect may not be obtained depending on the subject and scene.
- The flash should be off and the maximum ISO sensitivity setting is 800. The speed drops when the ND step setting increases though the maximum shutter speed is 1/30 (set to ND2).
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO, 1/1.7 sec, F8.0, ISO 200, Live ND ON (ND8)
The E-M1 Mark III is built around the wide and deep shape grips which have been regarded with OM-D E-M1 Mark II. It realises great grip holding for superior ergonomics.
- Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
- Screen captures in the monitor are composite images.